Friday, March 4, 2011

save the date

Yesterday I had another appointment with Dr. Casseleth., we went over everything about the operation and set a date. I can't understand why but I am excited about it. March 21st it is...

There are a lot of different kinds of mastectomys to have. Mine is where they take everything out and take off the nipple (oh well) and then reposition a thin layer of muscle from just around the corner (latissimus dorsi muscle) and make a breast out of that plus a little silicone implant goes in too... they also take a lymph node to check it out. Then months later if I am not into having the implant, they reconstruct a nipple (which I am not so sure I want) and take out the implant and replace it with fat they lyposuction out from somewhere... take your pick.

I saw photos of breasts with reconstructed nipples and they look ok but not that great... the photos of reconstructed breasts without nipples look neat to me. They look futuristic. Then I can have a nipple tattooed on later, a really cool 1st tattoo I think.

Leilani is accompanying me to my pre-op appointment where I will have a blood test and EKG to prove I am fit for operating!

I feel like this train is on track and picking up speed.
xxoo

3 comments:

  1. you are such an amazing futuristic train.
    i am fully on board!
    go rozzle! as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you rozzy and am really glad you are doing this blog so i can keep up and be there with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow roz...you really put a jolt under my ass every time you climb these mountains..
    i admire you and your honesty sooo much..i am glad to be in your life..shine rozzy shine...xoxo

    ReplyDelete